From Data Science in Context (Spector, Norvig, Wiggins, Wing), 2022, Cambridge University Press. avail. from Amazon and others; Author’s manuscript freely available: Complete Author’s Manuscript.
- Please read the sections in bold: pages 67-68, Sections 6.3 and 6.6, and Chapter 11 carefully.
- Please skim pages 16-17 to get the lecturer’s framework.
- You are free to read or ignore other material as to your interest.
- Preface, Pages 7-8
- Chapter 1, Foundations of Data Science (Subset), Pages 16-21
- Chapters 2, Transdisciplinarity, Pages 38-44
- Chapters 3, A Framework for Ethical Considerations, Pages 45-48
- Part I Recap and Terms, Pages 49-51
- Chapter 5, Subset showing Analysis Rubric, Pages 67-68
- Section 6.3, Health Examples, Pages 87-91
- Section 6.6, Government Examples, Pages 97-100
- Chapter 11, Understandability, Pages 147-178
- Chapter 20, Conclusions (Subset), Pages 258-261
PDF of Excerpts for Class is Below: